Question

Client task auto-send

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I read the Karbon guide on client tasks, but it doesn’t mention where it draws the client email from when setting up a task to auto-send say, 1 day after start date.

If it draws the email out of the contact relating to that work item, then this will be a problem, as the merge fields in the email will draw in the company or trust name the work item is under, and not the first name of the client.

Can anyone help with this please?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Imbi Finlayson!

If you have a template setup to automatically send emails, it will ask you to assign the emails.

Here’s a little video I put together to show you how it works.

Does that help at all?

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Sorry the work is already set up, so how do I automate it if it’s already set up?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

The task will not auto-send unless an email has been assigned during set-up.  You can update this information by going to the task and clicking on the three dots.  Choose resend client task.  You will be able to change or update the email address and choose when the task is sent. It can be sent now or in the future.  If this is part of a repeating work item, it will ask you if you want to update this for just this item or the entire series.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@DianeK is correct. There is no option to set up work without choosing an email to receive the client tasks. It works like I show in the video above. If you skip or exit at that step, the work will not be created.

If you have work that is already created and you want to send client tasks later, use this setup after tapping “sending settings”

I believe that if you schedule tasks to send later in a recurring work, that will carry forward to the next work item. I have not tested this, however.

Does that help at all?