Question

Client Portal

• 18 September 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a couple questions regarding the client portal

1. Is there a way to have old documents that I upload show for the client?
  2. Is there a way for clients to upload documents without a task assigned?
  3. Is there a way to have a generic upload box so I can include it in my email footer for people to upload documents?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Lenard Cole,

I believe the answer to most of your questions are no 🙂 old documents that you upload are available for a certain time when a client uses the login to the portal, but not indefinitely that I am aware of.

If you’re looking for a full client portal, the Karbon one is probably not the best choice at this stage (it’s more focused on sharing/requesting documents once, rather than for ongoing access).

Hi @Lenard Cole,

I believe the answer to most of your questions are no 🙂 old documents that you upload are available for a certain time when a client uses the login to the portal, but not indefinitely that I am aware of.

If you’re looking for a full client portal, the Karbon one is probably not the best choice at this stage (it’s more focused on sharing/requesting documents once, rather than for ongoing access).

I would be interested in the future if it could be a solution and replace SmartVault for us. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I would be interested in the future if it could be a solution and replace SmartVault for us. 

I’m not sure that’s in Karbon’s future.. Karbon’s primary purpose/objective is managing communication and workflow. Document management is a big beast and it would take a huge amount of resources and development for Karbon to be a decent document management solution. I’d suggest utilising existing robust solutions and using whatever you can/want from Karbon 🙂

If you have specific features you’d like Karbon to develop, please vote for them here or create a request for them:

https://community.karbonhq.com/ideas

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I too am interested in this tool being just one notch stronger.  The ability for a client to upload a document without a task assignment would be awesome.  Then it can be stored directly in OneDrive/Google Drive(eventually) via the direct DMS integration, so they’re aren’t having to build out tons of new infrastructure.  The capacity is similar to what they have now, just without the ability to upload with an “open” task.

Example would be a client sending our team an I-9 for a new employee that we’ll need to verify info in Gusto payroll(one that’s already been verified in person by their office manager).  They could login to their client portal, click a paperclip icon for upload, and the team assigned to the client in Karbon could be notified of a new document via triage.  The work for this item would be created after the arrival of the I9, not before.  

Is that wildly oversimplified?  

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@drich208 - You can create a work item for this to be open for the year (I-9’s for hires in 2024)… keep this task open and they can go back to it each time.  This would require them to typically login to the portal (or find the email) each time… but that could work. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@drich208 - You can create a work item for this to be open for the year (I-9’s for hires in 2024)… keep this task open and they can go back to it each time.  This would require them to typically login to the portal (or find the email) each time… but that could work. 

Yes, that could be a good alternative for now. Thanks for the tip!