Skip to main content

Is there an easy way to search a client group timeline for an email? I know I can do a general search of all of Karbon items, but is there a way to search in just the clients related to a single client group? Do we need to add all the correspondence to the client group timeline?

Eg if I wrote to one of the Smiths about super but can’t remember who, I don’t want to have to search through every timeline for A Smith, B Smith, C Smith, etc, and searching for “super” in all Karbon items returns too many results.

Unfortunately not.. the filters won’t let you select a group only a Contact or Organisation (which I suppose you are usually emailing).

If your Contacts are saved well, the search is pretty good to be able to find things using the filters available (and adding a name “Smith” to your search).. but no way to search all emails to anybody in the group.

You can do this in the Client Group timeline, but this relies on the email being tagged to the group. If an email is tagged to a member of the group, it won’t automatically tag to the group. If you’re diligent about always tagging to the group as well as a member, then you can search the group timeline directly.