Solved

Client Communication

• 3 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Good day

how do I attach a document to a client communication email?

I would like to attach my queries to a month end file

icon

Best answer by SamG 4 October 2023, 00:36

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Siza Dlamini can you give a bit more detail about what you’re trying to do? For example, are you trying to:

• Send documents to a client
  • Send documents to an internal team member
  • A client has sent documents in an email or client task that you want to link to a work item/file
  • A client has provided documents some other way (i.e. maybe physical ones you’ve scanned or something!) and now you want to upload them into Karbon so they attach to the work item
  • Something else?

There’s different ways to attach files to a work item depending on what you’re trying to achieve.

Every work item does have a documents tab though, so whichever way a document gets linked to a work item, it will end up there:

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@Siza Dlamini if you are looking to attach documents to a normal email, you can either drag and drop the file(s) from your PC to the email and it will attach or you can click the paperclip button (screenshot below) at the bottom of the email to select a file to attach 🙂

If you’re looking to attach a document to a Client Request email (e.g. one that is sent from a Client Request checklist on the Tasks tab of a Work item), you can’t attach anything to the email, but you can attach documents to a task in a Client Request checklist.

1. Click the task
  2. Click the cog wheel to edit the task’s description (screenshot below)
  3. Drag or use the paperclip (screenshot below)

Does that help? 🙂