Skip to main content
Question

Clearing email in Outlook and retain it in Triage

• 17 June 2024
  • 3 replies

In an effort to work within Triage, I am constantly clearing out my Outlook in box.  How can Karbon retain the cleared email in Triage so the matter can be properly handled?  Why should the same item remain in 2 places?  Seems totally unnecessary.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi Michael! What do you mean you are clearing out your outlook inbox? When we switched to Karbon, we stopped using outlook.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks for your comment.

As the owner of my firm, my Outlook is needed in dealing with third parties - bankers, attorneys, vendors, etc.  It is unavoidable.  I prefer to use Karbon purely for direct client matters and related workflow.  We actually communicate with clients by portal, so we do not email clients. 

I keep my Outlook clean, with all sorts of rules to manage the hundreds of communications with non-clients.  Karbon is not adaptable to these communications.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

How can Karbon retain the cleared email in Triage so the matter can be properly handled?

When you clear an item in Karbon Triage, it should mark the email as archived. If that’s not happening, you can contact support@karbonhq.com and they can look into it and fix any underlying issues.

Why should the same item remain in 2 places?  Seems totally unnecessary.

Karbon and Outlook are two tools that look at the same thing. Your underlying emails are not stored in outlook or in Karbon, you just use those tools to look at them. There is only one underlying email, but since you are using two systems to view them, it can feel like they are stored in both places.

Karbon is designed to and will work best when leaving outlook behind. It’s not necessary, of course, but there will be little things like this that will pop up when using both systems simultaneously.