Solved

Categorising clients

• 9 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi guys, I am fairly new to Karbon.

Just wondering how everyone is managing client according to their needs and types of services provided. 

For instance, if want to quickly find clients who are individuals with business schedules to assign them specificly tailored templates for tax work, or if you want to pick ones you are doing BAS’s for.

In our tax lodgment software, we have ability to assign Extra fields and then do reports based on certain parameters. Wondering if something similar exists in Karbon.

I notices, you can add “Services” to clients in their details section but it doesn’t seem to do anything.

Kind regards,

Elena

icon

Best answer by max 9 September 2022, 14:47

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Elena Bytch, that’s a great question!

I think it would be cool to have the use of tags in Karbon. Something that works similar are client groups. You can add all your clients of a specific type to one client group. Client groups can overlap, so one client can be in multiple client groups.

We have just started experimenting with this. Our first group is clients who have construction companies. I’d like to add the rest as well so that we have groups for clients that have corporations, and a group for solo proprietors, etc.

Does that make sense?

Userlevel 1

Thanks @max , awesome tip.