Solved

Can you customize the invoice number in Karbon to match my current invoicing sequence?

• 2 August 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m looking to start invoicing in Karbon and realized that Karbon adjusted my invoice number to be KIN-1000 but I already have a numbering sequence that I’m following.  Is it possible to make that update or do you just write the actual invoice number into the activity and notes of that invoice? 

icon

Best answer by max 5 August 2023, 07:29

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Christina, I don’t think there’s a way to adjust the invoice numbers. Are you sending invoices out of Karbon or a general ledger software?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@max I ended up exporting that invoice to QBO and just commented what the QBO invoice number was in Karbon to tie it back, but was hoping there would be a stronger tie between the 2 invoices like in Ignition App.   But in Ignition I still have to go and update the invoice numbers that it pushes through as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

So you’re overwriting the invoice number in QBO after exporting?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I have custom form numbers turned off and QBO uses its own invoice number when importing from Karbon.

I’m not sure if that’s helpful, lol.

Userlevel 1
Badge

That would be way better, I tried looking up how to turn them off and I can’t find the setting, where can you find that? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

It’s not intuitive, lol. I had to look it up, but here’s where the setting hides:

Userlevel 1
Badge

Amazing - thanks for sharing!