Question

Can you change the repeating cadence?

• 30 November 2022
  • 8 replies

I’d like to change the repeating status of Work that has been assigned to a Client. How do I do that? 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Pedro Noyola when you are in the work item, select the Repeat Settings - if you haven’t yet set this up, it will say “Setup Repeating Work”, if you have it will show the repeat frequency. Clicking this will take you to the repeat settings page.

You can also get to these settings in the three dot menu:

Once you’re there you can edit the frequency - use the preview to see how this will populate after saving!

The only thing you can’t change in repeat settings is the start date - to do that, you will need to delete/stop the repeats, edit the start date of the work item and setup a new repeat schedule.

Here’s some knowledge base articles with more details:

https://help.karbonhq.com/en/articles/6096234-setup-repeating-work-on-a-schedule

https://help.karbonhq.com/en/articles/4102205-how-do-i-update-the-start-date-of-a-work-item

Hope that is what you are after!

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

piggy backing on what @Rebecca Williams explained — if you have an existing repeating schedule and you’d like to change the frequency, you will need to delete the repeat, and set-up a new repeating schedule with the updated frequency and repeat details (unfortunately the repeating cadence cannot be adjusted in an existing repeating schedule). Be mindful of deleting repeating work though, as anything in the future will be deleted and you will lose any work done in those tasks. There is some information about deleting repeats in the articles Rebecca passed along 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Someone’s using ShareX. I love it! 😉 Great explanation @Rebecca Williams.

The issue with not being able to change the start date bothers me. Here’s a feature idea to add the ability to edit it after the recurrence was already set up.

Voting on features is the best way to get the product owner’s attention. You can see Amelia (Karbon product owner) has already been in there to review it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@max I love ShareX!!! So much easier to use than editing screenshots after! Thanks for the recommendation haha It’s levelled up my process documentation 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Just wait until you learn about AutoHotKey 😉 (PC only)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Rebecca Williams @max Not me checking out what ShareX is...

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@Rebecca Williams @max Not me checking out what ShareX is...

me either @Victoria Peters! NOTHING TO SEE HERE. MOVE ALONG. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19