Solved

Can I Delete Archived Emails in Outlook

• 12 December 2022
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1

I have close to 200,000 cleared emails now!  My Outlook mailbox is starting to get full and now I have a question I never thought I would have to worry about.  If I delete the emails from the Archive folder in Outlook do I lose them in Karbon?

If so, what is the fix to lower my usage in Outlook?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 14 December 2022, 16:57

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I just did a test of this and all the emails I deleted were still in my cleared Triage and tagged to the timelines.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

I have actually been wondering about this as well.  Does anyone on the support team have a definitive answer on this?  My guess is that what Diane tested is true, but it would helpful to know for sure.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Aliesa Jackson do you know?

I would assume that when the email is deleted in Outlook, it may be cached in Karbon for a while, but I would not be surprised if it ends up going away at some point.

@max I ran a test in my Gmail account and it did not go away in Karbon. It remained in my ‘Cleared’ folder even after it was permanently deleted in Gmail.

Userlevel 1

Thanks everyone for your interest and replies.  It sounds like we are OK to delete?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I would start with emails you know you won’t need and test it out. It makes me nervous that they are just cached and not stored with Karbon and there’s a routine sweep that clears out deleted emails every once in a while.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@kclm484 I just checked on the emails I deleted from my Outlook Archive folder and they are still on the timeline and in my cleared Triage.  You should be fine to delete them from Outlook.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I would start with emails you know you won’t need and test it out. It makes me nervous that they are just cached and not stored with Karbon and there’s a routine sweep that clears out deleted emails every once in a while.

I agree with you Max.  They may eventually disappear in Karbon.  Is Karbon able to confirm?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@Melissa Gock I deleted emails from vendor contacts that don’t need to be kept as my test. I deleted them from the archive folder in Outlook and then checked the timeline in Karbon.   7 days out and they are still showing on the various timelines.  I will keep tracking this to see if it disappears in the future.

Hello all,

I have received confirmation that the email will remain in Karbon after being deleted in your email provider. But if not tagged to any timelines, then the email will only be visible to you in search and in cleared.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hello all,

I have received confirmation that the email will remain in Karbon after being deleted in your email provider. But if not tagged to any timelines, then the email will only be visible to you in search and in cleared.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Aliesa for following up on this.  That’s great news!

You’re welcome @Melissa Gock