Skip to main content

My EA sends and manages all client requests through her personal Karbon account (via her company email address). Can client requests be sent from an email address that’s attached to Shared Triage? For example, if we have an email address like requests@… and this email address is attached to our Shared Triage, can we send client requests from this email account and monitor the activity in Shared Triage?

When my EA is away, I’d like the team to have easy access to incoming client comments, document uploads, completed checklist items, etc. in one spot. To date, when she’s away for more than a day we’ve reassigned all of her roles in Karbon and then assigned back to her when she returns. It’s a pain.

If there are ways to manage this part of our workflow, I’m all ears. We use client requests to both collect documents and comments and to send clients documents. Thanks!

No they cannot from what I’ve been told. The shared triage emails are not full “users” thus only a fraction of the cost of a full user.

The client requests should be within a work item, which theoretically all employees or selected employees should have access to, so they could see the client comments, document uploads, checklist, etc. without having to go through your EA. If the work items are ‘private’ or not everyone has access, you can add them to the Work Team for that work item individually. 

I know that the answer above is correct though, you can’t send via shared triage. 

Thanks @Emily Arnold 

The remaining issue is we may have 40-50 client requests out at a time. When a client asks a question by leaving a comment, even with the work items being ‘public’, not everyone on team receives a notification. Having to check on the client requests on an ongoing basis while key people are away is still a challenge. That said, I may be completely missing how this is supposed to work within a team environment, so I’m open to suggestions and workarounds :)

@Joel Rumney I have also been working on how to accept client requests. When analyzing what the requests are, we can actually see commonalities and try to create standard forms. 

I have a work-around for standardized requests which involves Microsoft Forms. This would be a lengthy reply (but I think a really slick solution)… Essentially I create a MS Form with standard questions. Once the form is finalized, I create a QR code and email it to the client (Karbon email template). They can complete (bookmark & reuse) the form and I can have it sent to several email addresses so it won’t be missed (can be a shared email). The MS Form data comes back in “grid” format which is also useful for copy/paste. I have found this extremely useful for gathering ROE (record of employment) info (when an employee leaves) so that I can issue the ROE in a timely manner. 

This solution is well accepted, as the form can be completed on the computer OR mobile which is useful for owner/operator. The email template provided by Karbon ensures I have a consistent message with a real professional look!

I am open to feedback on this as I am keen to efficiently/effectively use Karbon - would be open to meet some of you on Teams to show you what I’ve done.

you can book a meeting cynthiavincze.ca

@Cynthia Vincze very cool! I booked time with you next week, chat then :)