Solved

Bookkeeper access

• 27 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Wondering if there is a way to set up a clients bookkeeper as a contact so that way if we email client requests out with the magic link they could forward it to their bookkeeper and then they could upload some of the documents we are requesting.

or if the bookkeeper could have a portal login where they could deposit information into specific clients they are related to.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by CBC-Office 29 January 2024, 07:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi Mike,

You can create a contact for the client’s Bookkeeper and then when you send a client request include this Bookkeeper Contact as well as the Client Contact, as Karbon allows client requests to be sent to multiple contacts now. Then the Bookkeeper Contact can access the requests and upload documents etc.

Or are you asking for something additional to the current sending to multiple people feature that Karbon has?

When we do auto emails out of the template is this something that can be added?

If not can I simply forward that email to the bookkeeper after and if they are listed as a contact for the client the magic link will work?

Or is it only if I do the email stand alone and then add both in?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

When we do auto emails out of the template is this something that can be added?

If not can I simply forward that email to the bookkeeper after and if they are listed as a contact for the client the magic link will work?

Or is it only if I do the email stand alone and then add both in?

Hi @Mike Goldade,

If you forward a magic link email that was intended for someone else (e.g. owner) to the bookkeeper, the link may work once (if you’re lucky) and then a new link will be automatically sent to the owner again.

Best way is to send the client request to multiple contacts, this ensures both recipients can open the checklist.

You should be able to add the extra contact to the template/repeating schedule, to receive future client requests.

Does that help? 🙂