Question

Billing - Exporting to QBO (Setting Up)

• 12 November 2022
  • 1 reply

When exporting the invoice data to CSV for QBO, I noticed that the Work headings (ie. “Monthly Accounting for Jan 2022”) would be prepopulated in the “ItemDescription” field, which would be imported into QBO as “Monthly Accounting for Jan 2022”.

For my invoices, though, I like to have a narrative, like “Preparation of the Monthly Accounting for Jan 2022” or “Preparation of Sales Tax Return for Quarter 1” rather than an abrupt listing.

Does anyone have a workaround?  I know we can edit the description in the csv file, but I’d like to get it to streamlined. 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Lauren Be, welcome to the Karbon community! 😀

Here are a few options I can think of:

• I believe in the next iteration of Karbon billing you will have the ability to edit individual line descriptions. That’s a manual process and not ideal for our firm.
  • You could also change how you name your work so that it’s ready for client billing. Would it be possible to name your work what you want to see on the invoice?
  • I have also asked the development team to add support for custom prepend and append text based on work type… I think that may help address the issue.
  • Right now, I have a spreadsheet that pulls in the exported invoice CSV data and adds the prepend and append text. I export that spreadsheet to CSV and use that import to QBO.

I don’t know if any of that was helpful. 😀