Solved

Auto-generated suggestions when adding an email to a client timeline

• 16 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Can Karbon update the suggestions given when my team is adding a client email to that client’s timeline?  It gives suggestions based on clients/contacts/works that were recently used, which is sort of helpful.  Could it also auto-generate a suggestion based on the contact?

• If the contact is Dr Jones, and is set in Karbon as a contact…
  • Could it suggest our client/organization called Jones Family Dentistry?

If there’s a faster way -OR- this already exists as a process in Karbon, I’ll send a $10 GC to the person that points it out to me :-) .  Thanks!

icon

Best answer by SamG 16 January 2024, 23:59

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @drich208,

When you say adding an email to that client’s timeline, do you mean the Contact timeline (e.g. Bob Smith - bob@smith.com)?

If so, you can have your team turn on Auto share email from contacts (it’s turned off by default when a new colleague is added, but we make all team members turn it on) which means if the email address they’ve received the email from, is saved to a contact, it will auto place that email thread on that Contact’s timeline.

It is possible, even with Auto share on, for a specific colleague to turn off auto share on a specific Contact - see here. We don’t use this at our firm (except unintentionally), so we actively seek to find these and correct them.

That helps for the specific Contact, but doesn’t help if you want the email on an Organisation or Work timeline, that part is not able to be automated as far as I know… the only automation is if you add to Work for an Organisation, it will usually add it to both the Work’s timeline and the Organisation’s timeline simultaneously (our rule is all inbound and outbound correspondence to/from/for a client must be added to a Work timeline).

Does that help? 🙂

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Yes that does help!  My follow-up question for Karbon is this:  Since an email can’t be auto-shared to both a person and an organisation, why can’t Karbon take the next step?

If the primary owner of the email is a person and that person is associated with an organisation, why can’t the organisation  1) be auto-shared as well or 2)come up as the first “suggested” contact to manually add it to the organisation timeline?

Not all of our emails get tagged to a specific work, perhaps that’s the bigger problem.  As you stated, if they get added to a work timeline, the contact and organisation are then added.

Thanks again for the help Sam, gift card coming to ya.  Do you have Starbucks in Brisbane? 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Yes that does help!  My follow-up question for Karbon is this:  Since an email can’t be auto-shared to both a person and an organisation, why can’t Karbon take the next step?

If the primary owner of the email is a person and that person is associated with an organisation, why can’t the organisation  1) be auto-shared as well or 2)come up as the first “suggested” contact to manually add it to the organisation timeline?

Not all of our emails get tagged to a specific work, perhaps that’s the bigger problem.  As you stated, if they get added to a work timeline, the contact and organisation are then added.

Thanks again for the help Sam, gift card coming to ya.  Do you have Starbucks in Brisbane? 😁

Great to hear! I agree a smarter suggestion would be related Contacts/Work rather than recent.. but not sure why Karbon doesn’t do that (maybe @Amelia Freeman might know or know who would know 🙂)

A peculiarity I noticed recently (but I think has always worked this way).. when I compose an email, and select this Person Contact (Bob Smith), because the email is saved under two Person Contacts (it’s a shared email, so it’s saved under Bob Smith’s contact card, his personal email is also saved under his card, and also under Bob & Jane Smith - as it’s a shared email) and once as an Organisation’s email (Smith Family Trust) - Karbon is auto-sharing to three timelines.

I’m not sure that helps.. but may give you an option if it’s one email you’re always sending to, that relates to an Organisation.

Thank you for the offer of a gift card, I’m just happy to help and if you like, please donate my reward to this charity: https://www.mightycause.com/donate/Seido

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

We will definitely look into improving the suggestions in the future to be smarter!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

That’s awesome, thank you!  And the  Seido Juku Benefit Foundation thanks you as well :-).

Thanks @Amelia Freeman , let us know if there are improvements to the suggestions for adding contacts.