Question

Auto-assigning client manager

• 27 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Is anyone having issues with Karbon auto-assigning Client Manager role to a client?

I have started noticing that I am Client Manager for many clients, when I shouldn’t be. This area should be blank for us as we don’t have a dedicated Client Manager for our clients.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Interesting! 🙂

Are these recently created Clients?

If so, did you create them or someone else?

The most recent contact I created has no Client Team by default.

Do you have Karbon integrated with any other Tax/PMS (e.g. XPM)? If so, I wonder whether that is causing it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

No not recently created. Not created by me. No integrations.

I did actually think, if the Client Manager field is populated and that employee leaves and we re-assign all their work, does this also re-assign their clients in the Client Manager field?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

No not recently created. Not created by me. No integrations.

Curious…

I did actually think, if the Client Manager field is populated and that employee leaves and we re-assign all their work, does this also re-assign their clients in the Client Manager field?

Good question, indeed it does 🙂

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

That explains it, thanks

Badge

Hi Imbi,

Justin stepping in here from Karbon Support. If reassigning due to archiving a colleague, it should update the Client Manager field as well as part of the “Client Team Roles”. 

Please reach out to us at support@karbonhq.com if you would like us to investigate this further.

Best regards,

Justin