Skip to main content
Question

Are you able to bulk export work detail records?

• 14 June 2024
  • 5 replies

A member of our Tax Team needs to be able to export the work team list assigned to a tax work item. 

In the details of the piece of work, we have defined a Tax Preparer, Tax Reviewer, and QC Control. Can these fields be exported to a .csv? These fields are independent of the Client Owner, Client Manager and Work Assignee since they are a role assigned by task. 

Essentially, I’m asking if task related data can be bulk exported.  

5 replies

The data is there - how do we access it???

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Mary Jane Armstrong 

Depending on if and how you have set up Budgets you may get the report you want from the Time & Budget Tab.  If the Tax Preparer etc that you have defined are Roles or Task Types you may be in business.

You can export the data on the Time & Budget tab on a Work Item which will give you a list of team members that have been assigned, their roles and Task Type and budget.  It will not list the tasks but it will list assigned team members.

Any time you see the little cloud you can download data and sometimes you will be surprised at just how much is there for you to work with.

Hope that helps!

V

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Such a great question!  There is a way to export task descriptions into invoices when you’re billing out, but I don’t know of a way to export task-related data such as the roles assigned to each task.  What’s the main reason behind needing to export it?  I assume your “tax team” referenced is not an internal team member?

A member of our Tax Team needs to be able to export the work team list assigned to a tax work item. 

In the details of the piece of work, we have defined a Tax Preparer, Tax Reviewer, and QC Control. Can these fields be exported to a .csv? These fields are independent of the Client Owner, Client Manager and Work Assignee since they are a role assigned by task. 

Essentially, I’m asking if task related data can be bulk exported.  

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks for responding @Victoria Peters - based on my current understanding. I would need to navigate to each individual organization to access the time/budgets tab, correct? 

We are working on capacity planning and want to see global views that allow us to view budgeted time for all work assigned to specific team members. 

This feature may exist in KPI, we opted not to upgrade to use the feature. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Ahh, gotcha @Mary Jane Armstrong If I understand correctly I think you may get what you want using the Work list with filters.  

I prefer to use the Due date filter, you could also narrow it down using Assignee or Colleagues Involved but you may risk losing some of the budgets.

For the Display you will want to ensure that you have selected Budget Hrs and Budget $ 

For Columns, I would go with by Assignee and Display Column Totals

You will get boxes like this for each team member (this was with a due date this week) that show the budget allocated to an individual.

The Work list can be exported to excel where you could then manipulate it as needed.  

Maybe that is more helpful?  

V