Skip to main content
Question

Approval Task - Client Rejection

• 19 June 2024
  • 4 replies

The approval task has excellent functionality. However, watching the video post, there was no explanation of the “not-so-happy path” that led to the Client's rejection of the approval. They may even have comments or questions about the request or the attached documentation.  

Is there functionality within the approval task to capture such actions and create a centralized audit trail associated with that specific approval task when modifications are needed?  If so, where and how?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @David K Hatch, welcome to the Karbon community! 😁

I’m also curious about this. We have only started testing approvals.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @David K Hatch - in the conversations we had with customers when initially designing the feature, one of the very clear pieces of feedback we had that an approval was only requested when the client had seen the document(s) for approval and given feedback. i.e. the back and forth over the final version has happened and the client is satisfied with the document.

Can you tell me how your approval process works?

Also wondering about this. We prepare a board report, send it to client for approval. Nine times out of ten it is approved, sometimes though, there is a comment or question.

I would assume any function with client interaction would be capable of a back and forth.

Even items we think are final can always come back with a “just one more thought...” type of thing.

@StuartK  and @Stephanie Veal—I totally agree with the scenario provided by Stuart; however, there have been instances where, after all the “back and forth,” the client rejects the item of discussion. I was just looking for a way to close the activity with a client response of “Rejected.”  This will provide an audit trail for future reference if needed.

Now, being new to Karbon, this may already exist, and I am just not familiar enough with the product to know how to document the Client rejection. If so, please provide me with guidance. I want to learn, as I love the Karbon product.

Thanks.

Keith