Hi Karbon community & API users -
The Karbon API is growing in popularity and use - we’re still a way away from that popularity impacting the speed and availability of the API, but we’re conscious that at some point we will need to address this and don’t want it to come as a shock to anyone.
We’d love your thoughts on API rate limiting and performance - but for now the sorts of limits we’re proposing would be something like:
- 10,000 requests per day per Karbon account/API application key
- a maximum of 60 requests per minute
Where the limit is exceeded, we’ll respond with a different HTTP status code (429) and a header telling you when you can try again.
- Have you ever had to deal with API rate limiting before?
- Would these limits cause you issues?
- Are there behaviours in the API today that cause you to send more requests?
- Are there any performance (e.g. response speed) issues that impact your API use today?