Solved

Any plans to integrate Docusign into the portal?

• 31 December 2020
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
  • Sr. Karbon Community Guide
  • 1114 replies

Does anyone know if there are plans to integrate IRS compliant E-Signature software into the Karbon portal?

icon

Best answer by Ian Vacin 6 January 2021, 18:30

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hey Max, at the moment, we leverage DocuSign via Intuit Tax products (integration using Intuit Practice Management) but not directly within Karbon. However, File Management and eSignature are two areas we get numerous feature requests for. As such, we are looking into both towards the latter part of the 2020 calendar year. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hey Max, at the moment, we leverage DocuSign via Intuit Tax products (integration using Intuit Practice Management) but not directly within Karbon. However, File Management and eSignature are two areas we get numerous feature requests for. As such, we are looking into both towards the latter part of the 2020 calendar year. 

Did you mean 2021? I haven’t made the mistake yet, but I’m normally good through January, and then utterly fail for six months and then start getting the hang of the new year around July 4th, lol.

I’m very glad to hear about the move towards integrating IRS e-signatures (and doc management).

Unsolicited feedback: I would love to have a functional integration with a standard platform that supports IRS compliant knowledge-based authentication instead of trying to build something from the ground up. Our clients use Docusign on a regular basis, so it’s easy for them. However, your home-grown stuff is pretty good so far, so maybe you can come up with something smoother.

As far as document management -- Integration with our own SharePoint would be AMAZING. I think it would be so cool if documents were stored in our own SharePoint site instead of on Karbon and then in our own document tree. We get an obscene amount of space, and SharePoint works so well with our current tech setup.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Max, HA! 2021 yes, not 2020. Been a long year with COVID-19 and not trying to make it longer.

As for what we build for Document Management / eSignature, we aren’t in the mindset to build our own, but rather to integrate to best-in-breed for this type of functionality within the context of getting the job done within Karbon. It provides a better experience, better functionality, and better outcome for you and your clients.

For File Management, the thinking (originally… and this might change) is for your files to flow through Karbon to your document management repository of choice. Meta-data is stored in Karbon with access to its location, and the documents reside in your place of choice. Obviously we integrate today with MSFT and Google for email/productivity, so those options will be available. Lots of requests for solutions like Dropbox / Box… and then the specific professional / industry applications like ShareFile.

Too early to give full details, since it hasn’t headed into Design / Eng but definitely a top item we are looking to address.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Any update on where the Karbon / Docusign integration is? Docusign sales rep had made it seem like this was in place but it is really just a very basic zap at the moment that does little for workflow.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@AMbryden direct integration with DocuSign cannot be pursued until File Management integration is complete. File management integration is currently under development and the first release of it should be available by year end. Once that is complete, eSignature integration work can be pursued because the foundation of what is needed would be available. Anything that exists now would only be available using our Zapier integration, API, or other directly integrated applications (like Liscio).

Badge

What is the status on e-signing in Karbon?

Badge

Agreed integration with Docusign would be quite monumental. Are there any videos of the Zapier Integration that currently exists?

I cannot confidently run my tax season through Karbon portal unless there is a way for simple tax return engagement letters to be signed through Karbon/DocuSign integration.

Also, it doesn’t appear there is a robust-enough integration with Ignition (our proposal/engagement software) to build this into workflows and make it a part of the client-request process.

I feel as thought this is a fundemental need that should be addressed.

ProConnect currently allows me to use DocuSign integration for 8879 forms (eFile authorization). But I’d like there to be capabilities within Karbon.

Badge +1

@Ian Vacin 

Having finally given in and bailed on Thomson Reuters Onvio for digital signatures, I am back looking for updates on either your own ability to sign in the client portal (preferred) or an integration with Docusign or another platform.  It’s been over two years since the last mention of ‘back end of 2021’ and we are still none the wiser on Karbon’s plans for collecting signatures.  This is an integral part of any virtual/digital accountant’s work now and Karbon is lagging behind many other Practice Management providers in this area.

We’ve had price hikes recently to pay for major parts of the software that many accountants don’t even use (timesheets and billing) because we either work off fixed fee - as we do - or we use other software that incorporates this already.  How about developing something that we want to pay for and have been begging to have for ages now?

#rantover!

Thank you

@Mike Jam We started using Ignition app for proposals and engagements. It integrates with karbon and can auto-create work items for you once the proposal is signed. Check it out! It makes my life so much easier.