Question

Adding Multiple Timelines While Drafting Email

• 3 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

I would like to add an email to more than one timeline, while I'm drafting the email.  How can I do this without waiting for the email to show up in my sent folder or cc'ing myself and waiting for the email to come up?  I ask because sometimes I'll forget what timelines it should be in by the time I get back to it in my sent folder or it shows up in my triage.  Is there a way to do this?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Kim Nixon, welcome to the Karbon community! 😁

You can add client (by the email address) and work (by selection). Add the work timeline will automatically add the client associated with the work.

We set all emails to default to the person contact which means when we send an email, it’s attached to three timelines automatically:

• The person contact
  • The organization to which the work item is attached
  • The work item

I believe that’s the maximum timelines to which an email could be assigned upon sending, other than adding additional “to” email addresses.

I would love to assign emails upon sending, and to see the staff visibility, so I think it would be a great feature idea to have the information dashboard visible to the right of the email during draft phase instead of only after sending.

If you add a feature idea, link it in the comments so others with this same issue can find it and go vote for it! 😊

Link: New Feature Idea