Solved

Access to the Template (In-house &) Library

• 16 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Karbon Community Team!

I’m trying to grant access to my employee so that he can help me work on templates. I had no idea that he did not have access! I went into Settings > Profile > Permissions.

As a standard user, I would have expected him to have access to Work > Templates…. with the goal of helping me create and improve my templates. Do I really need to make him an admin user to achieve this?

@max 

icon

Best answer by Rebecca Williams 16 June 2023, 18:25

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Yes you do. There is no other way, currently, to grant access to templates without making them an admin. (I know this is on Karbon’s radar).

Work around to build templates, is to create a work item, collaborate on it as you build it, and then the admin can save it as a template. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

We do what @Terri Warren does as well - although we even do that among Admin users! You can’t comment or have discussions on a template, so if we’re reviewing/updating a template, we’ll create a dummy work item from the template and then discuss/comment/make changes to that work item, and once we’re happy with it, either turn it into a new template, or roll the changes into the existing template.

Here’s a feature request Terri created related to this - @Cynthia Vincze please add your vote and maybe a comment if you haven’t already!